Welcome to my study abroad blog! I hope to be as entertaining as possible as you join me on my adventures in Europe by sharing video content, photos, and a bit of personal commentary here & there along the way. My contact information is shown if you wish to contact me. If you would like my school address, please e-mail me for it; I promise to write back!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Visitors #4, 5, 6, 7, 8

The Gunderson Family Comes to Ireland

Studying abroad has been a fantastic experience and I would recommend it to anyone thinking about it, but sometimes - I'll admit - I get pretty homesick. Especially when I start thinking about Kraft macaroni and cheese and my mom's homemade mashed potatoes (must it always be about food? apparently so). So having a little bit of home come here was considerably refreshing and definitely helped with the 'homesickness factor', even if my mom didn't bring along her mashed potatoes. (Though, she did bring me Ranch dressing).

I'm going to throw all the pictures into a video so it's easier to go through them all, but here's a layout of what everything is (some are not necessarily in order, sorry!):

- Dad, mom, & Chase arrive and we go to The Quay's for lunch for them to try their first Guinnesses (or, if your Chase, a Stella in a Guinness glass)
- Campus tour before class
- Pubs, pubs, and pubs
- The authentic Cass Gunderson Dublin Tour after Amy & Cam arrive
- Howth to see the seals and peak view
- Glendalough with my parents to hike for a day
- Trip to the Cliffs of Moher
- Leinster Rugby match
- Powerscourt Estate with Mom, Dad, & Chase to see the waterfall & gorgeous gardens
- Gravedigger's pub (Kavanagh's) to cross off an item on my dad's life-goal list
- Pubs, pubs, and more pubs



No comments:

Post a Comment