Welcome to my study abroad blog! I hope to be as entertaining as possible as you join me on my adventures in Europe by sharing video content, photos, and a bit of personal commentary here & there along the way. My contact information is shown if you wish to contact me. If you would like my school address, please e-mail me for it; I promise to write back!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Things I am Going to Miss in Spring 2011

10. Unofficial. Yes, I realize I will be in Dublin for Official St. Patrick's day, but I'd rather have the best of both worlds. Anyone want to fly me back for that first weekend in March? No?

Ryan, Kevin, Christine; Unofficial 2010

o9. 50 cent refills at Silvermine Subs. No, really, I'm serious. How else am I suppose to get my caffeine fix for under a buck?


o8. This guy.

Chief. (Photo Courtesy of Chase Gunderson.)

o7. Texting. I know that makes me sound like a melodramatic teenager, but it will be a big adjustment.

o6. The 2010-2011 U of I Men's Basketball season. Let's just call this season a warm up for my senior year. Sorry, Demetri.



o5. DVRs & my favorite TV shows. I might even miss watching Glee. Okay, fine, I will miss watching Glee.


o4. Cheeseburgers. Pizza. Fries. Anything American, greasy, and available in huge portion sizes.


o3. All good things associated with 907 S. Wright Street, including living with some of my best friends in college all at the same time.

Roommates, Fall 2010; me, McKenna, Breanne

12's

[see attached video: snowball fight on the main quad with Chi O's at 1 am in December. So college.]

o2. Family parties. (read: losing to a bunch of drunk Gundersons in euchre or being embarrassed by Uncle Mart, and loving every minute of it).

Uncle Dirk, Grandpa, Rhett, Mom

Chase, Blake, me, Uncle Mart


o1. Family, loved ones, and friends -- and the comfort of having them all so close by.


"The Last Supper"
The Cheesecake factory on 1/08 with the whole family before my departure on 1/11

My boyfriend Kyle & I

My best friends Christine & La Boyda


The next time I update this blog, I will be in Dublin! Hopefully I'll have a video for everyone. Wish me luck getting both of my bags & my carry-on from the airport!


Happy Birthday to my Dad 1/09
and my Grandma! 1/10


Snowball Fight footage (as mentioned in reason o3.)

5 comments:

  1. This looks to be a very promising blog! I will say that recording everything is a wonderful way to preserve all the greatness that is studying abroad.

    As far as numbers 4 and 5: Ireland has PLENTY of what you have deemed "American food." And Casttv.com is a great way to keep up with all your television shows! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to having a great time in Europe! We will miss you very much. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude! How am I supposed to get rides anywhere? Le sigh. You better have a great time, and don't worry about Glee, you can totally watch it online! Yay Interwebs! I'll be following your blog, so you better do tons of stuff to entertain me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the words of Gracie Lou Freebush...SING!!!!
    solar plexus, instep, nose, and GROIN.

    Just in case Irish drunks are different than American drunks. Or in case they are the same.

    I love you and miss you already.

    ReplyDelete