Welcome to my study abroad blog! I hope to be as entertaining as possible as you join me on my adventures in Europe by sharing video content, photos, and a bit of personal commentary here & there along the way. My contact information is shown if you wish to contact me. If you would like my school address, please e-mail me for it; I promise to write back!

Monday, January 24, 2011

Hypotheticals and Food Passion


I am, as many people are, intrigued with hypothetical questions. If anyone has read / heard of Chuck Klosterman, I'd argue that Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs: A Low Culture Manifesto is his best book, but I'm probably biased as there is a section of 23 Hypothetical Questions in that book that I'm obsessed with. (If you want to check the 23 Hypothetical Questions out without purchasing the book, someone blogged about them with his/her answers in red here. Favorites to point out: #12, #15, #6).

Anyways, one of the hypotheticals that I am constantly asking myself and changing the answer to is - if you had to lose one of your senses, which would you choose?

People say you study abroad to "find yourself" and "seek answers". Well I found my answer for this question.

I couldn't lose my sight, Europe is too mystifying.
I couldn't lose my sense of touch - there's so much to do here.
I couldn't lose my sense of hearing, Irish music is wonderful.
I couldn't lose my sense of taste; two words: "magnum bar". (it's an ice cream bar here, clearly sent down from heaven itself and made with 100% love).


...But I could definitely go with losing my sense of smell -- all the food venues smell so delicious and its always so tempting; I'm always hungry (my stomach is already smaller I'm pretty sure). Excuse me for being American, but I'm used to Cheesecake Factory portion sizes, where 1 meal can last you a week but you eat it all in one sitting anyways.



Speaking of delicious and tempting foods...
Guinness Stew is amazing.

Here are some places online where I found some recipes, if you're ever tempted to try it out:


(St. Patrick's Day meal, anyone?)


1 comment:

  1. "Well, thanks for inviting me into your clique, but I'd rather be a crying little pussy than some faggy Goth kid"

    ReplyDelete