Welcome to my study abroad blog! I hope to be as entertaining as possible as you join me on my adventures in Europe by sharing video content, photos, and a bit of personal commentary here & there along the way. My contact information is shown if you wish to contact me. If you would like my school address, please e-mail me for it; I promise to write back!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Irish Slang

American Term | Irish Term

Fries | Chips
Chips | Crisps
Kissing | Scoring, Snogging, Meeting
Fun | Craic (pronounced "crack")
What's going on? | What's the craic?, What's the beef?
Hurt, messed up | Banjaxed
Random object | Yolk
Awesome | Deadly, Sound
Hood of a car | Bonnet
Trunk of a car | Boot
Being foolish | Acting the maggot
Fun | Gas
Movies | Pictures
(I'll let you guess) | Feck off
Well done | Fair play
Stupid | Thick


1 comment:

  1. Hmm, kissing = meeting? That could be confusing in some contexts.

    ReplyDelete