Welcome to my study abroad blog! I hope to be as entertaining as possible as you join me on my adventures in Europe by sharing video content, photos, and a bit of personal commentary here & there along the way. My contact information is shown if you wish to contact me. If you would like my school address, please e-mail me for it; I promise to write back!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cobh, Cork, & Blarney

From our trip to Cork County the first weekend in February!




Cobh - seaport town that used to be called Queenstown, very tiny & right on the water. It's probably most famous for being the last place that the Titanic picked people up from before it crashed into the iceberg. It also has a gorgeous Cathedral that is shown in the video (St. Colman Cathedral).

Cork - Ireland's third most populated city located in County Cork, "The Rebel County". It's a major irish seaport, having one of the world's largest natural harbors.

Blarney - is famed as the site of Blarney Castle, home of the legendary Blarney Stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment